We look forward to welcoming the children back on Monday 7th September.
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED FOR START AND FINISH TIMES
Parents are not permitted onto the school grounds in the morning. Please respect others and observe social distancing guidance by not congregating on pavements and at entrances.
Start of Day
- Each year group has a window of ten minutes for arriving at school and the same again at the end of each day. Children who arrive after their time will be sent away and asked to come back once all other year groups have been admitted.
- Children can enter school via either the Badminton Close entrance, the top alley gate by the bike sheds or the Reception gate on Marlborough Hill.
- Staff will be at each gate and around the playground to show the children in. Parents must leave children at the gates and will not be able to enter the school premises.
- Children in Years 1 and 2 will go directly to their classrooms.
- Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 will wait in designated zoned areas on the playground and will be collected by class teachers.
- Parents must drop their children off and leave straight away in order to clear the pavements and entrances for the next group.
End of Day
- The school will be operating a one way system for the collection at the end of each day. Parents can enter the playground using either the top alley gate or the Reception gate.
- Parents will only be permitted to enter the playground during their designated collection slot.
- Children in Year 1 and 2 will be collected from classrooms
- Children in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 will be collected from the playground.
- Children in Years 5 and 6 may continue to walk home alone and will need a written letter of consent from a parent
- A clear one way system will be marked out on the playground. Parents must follow this and exit the school via Badminton close only.
Please note that if your children bring bikes or scooters and leave these in the bike sheds, they must be collected by parents prior to collecting children. You will be unable to collect these once you are in the playground due to the one way system in operation.
To ease the disruption caused by the changes in the school day, siblings will be able to come into school at the same time. They should arrive at the earliest start time and be collected at the latest finish time. For example, if you have a child in Year 6, Year 4 and Year 1, all children will arrive at the earliest time of 8.15-8.25am and be collected at the latest finish time of 3.20-3.40pm. During this time, children will remain in their own classrooms with their teacher and will continue their learning.
Reception and Nursery
Reception and Nursery parents have been sent a separate email regarding the plans for September.
In order to maximise the learning time, lunch times have been reduced to 45 minutes. For the first few weeks, children will remain in classrooms to eat lunch. During this time, we will only be providing packed lunches for children who are in receipt of free school meals or universal free school meals (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2). Once we have settled back in, this will be reviewed with the hope that we can begin to start serving hot meals again.
Children should come to school in the correct school uniform each day. On a PE day, children should come to school in PE kit and will remain in this for the day. This will ensure PE bags are not being bought between home and school and will reduce contamination.
Children should not bring in any school bags or equipment from home. The school will be providing each child with the resources they need for each lesson. To limit the risks of contamination, children should only bring in a packed lunch and a water bottle, clearly named.
Publish Date: 2/09/2020
Size: 976.56 KB