Marlborough Primary School is committed to ensuring and promoting the welfare and safety of all our children in school as part of our moral and statutory responsibility.
We believe that children have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; where staff are vigilant for signs of any child in distress and are confident about applying the processes to avert and alleviate any such problems.
The Head Teacher, Staff and Governors of Marlborough Primary School regard safeguarding as one of our most important priorities. As such, safeguarding is a golden thread which runs through everything we do at school from recruiting staff to keeping the site free from hazards; from teaching and learning to the way we care for all children, particularly the most vulnerable. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy, therefore, is not contained in a single document but in an umbrella of policies which you can find below.
If we are successful in our work in this area; children will:
- Feel safe at Marlborough Primary School and know how to get involved to make it an even greater place to learn “For Every Child’s Bright Future”;
- Know how to keep themselves, their teachers and their school friends safe on the outside and safe on the inside;
- Know how to use the internet safely;
- Know that they have the right to practice their own religion and the responsibility to ensure that this right is available to all;
- Understand that British values also include the support of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of others.
On any day you might find a class involved in a PSHE (personal, social, health education) lesson, perhaps sitting in a circle, learning through discussion, games and activities how to make and keep healthy relationships. On special days, there are usually quite a few each year, you might become involved in making a healthy eating smoothie, or getting to know "Hector" who helps protect young children on the internet. You will meet staff who have been subjected to rigorous checks before they were allowed to teach in our school and who have regular training in safeguarding.
If you were to join the children going out of school on an educational visit you would know that there had been a risk assessment of this trip beforehand and that plans were in place to deal with different contingencies.
We live in a fast changing and exciting world, with many opportunities for our children. Hand in hand with the opportunities go potential dangers. Our task is to work with our parents and community to equip the children that come to Marlborough Primary School with the knowledge and skills they need to take the exciting opportunities, whilst remaining safe.
At Marlborough Primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils. If concerned about a child, please contact:
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mrs Claire Robinson-Jones
Miss Monique Ring
Mr Ryan Briody
Miss Nicola Jemirifo
Mrs Priya Samudran (ASC)
Mr Harry Stannett (ASC)
Deputy Safeguarding Lead:
Miss Amy Dymond
Miss Meneka Leon
Mrs Sasha Hinson
Ms Mary McCaskey
Deputy Safeguarding Lead / Looked After Children (LAC) Lead:
Mrs Ayesha Kilji
Mrs Haruna Munaya
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Craig Stilwell (Judicium Education)
Harrow's Golden Number - 020 8901 2690
The school has a suite of policies and procedures in place which outline the arrangements for the ongoing provision for children's safety. These are listed below and can be accessed from the Policies Page:
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Keeping Children Safe in Education, DfE, 2016
- Safer Recruitment Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Code of Practice for students, volunteers, parents and carers
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- e-Safety Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Whistle-Blowing Policy
- Use of Reasonable Force Guidance, DfE 2013: Updated 2015
- Intimate Care Policy
- First Aid Policy
- Educational Visits Policy
- Harrassment and Bullying Policy
- Allegations of Abuse against Staff Policy and Procedures
- Mobile Phones for Staff and Children Policy
Marlborough Primary School have adopted a software package called MyConcern to support our safeguarding arrangements. The requirements of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, our own policies and the safeguarding training provided by us or on our behalf will always remain the definitive source of safeguarding guidance for users of MyConcern.
Any questions about the use of MyConcern should be directed to our school's Designated Safeguarding Lead, Mrs Byron / Mrs Robinson-Jones